It’s a new year, time to reflect on the past year and look forward to 2014. Here are one Brewer fan’s resolutions for 2014.
1. If 2014 takes a turn for the worse, don’t blame it solely on first base. Remember, the Brewers made it to the NLCS with Yuniesky Betancourt as their shortstop.
2. Don’t expect too much from the young arms. Going into 2013 I was over optimistic, hoping Tyler Thornburg, Wily Peralta, and Mike Fiers were going to be Greg Maddux, Tom Glavine, and John Smoltz by year end. That didn’t happen and is not going to happen with Jimmy Nelson, Johnny Hellweg, and Hiram Burgos.
3. Expect (and accept) Ryan Braun to regress from his previous numbers.
5. In 2014, stop muttering the words, “Another bunt?”
6. Stop betting on the hot dog. It’s a sausage race and I’m always betting on the hot dog. What is wrong with me?
7. To not be shocked when Aramis Ramirez only gives the Brewers 100 games of health; instead, be overjoyed we are getting 100 games. Note: Still okay to be shocked by the lack of depth.
8. Stop believing Miller Genuine Draft tastes better because it is cold filtered.
9. Continue to not drink Miller Genuine Draft 64.
10. Don’t freak out if Jim Henderson blows his first save, Marco Estrada gets injured, or Jean Segura hits .200 through May. Instead, enjoy the team and baseball in general! Note: In July continue to freak out over the lack of depth.
Tags: Milwaukee Brewers