The Wisconsin Timber Rattlers are young, talented and loaded with potential. Though many players are much younger than the Midwest League average, their talent is endless. With the roster already full of future stars like Monte Harrison, Jake Gatewood, Tucker Neuhaus and Kodi Medeiros, former second round pick Devin Williams is set to join the fold. With his addition to the roster, the Timber Rattlers will become even more of a must-see team this summer.
More from Reviewing the Brew
- Brewers: Yet Another Huge Promotion For Top Prospect Jackson Chourio
- Brewers Making Colossal Mistake With Corbin Burnes’ Contract
- Which Players May Be In The Final Month Of Their Brewers Careers?
- Brewers: Where Does Devin Williams Stand In NL Reliever Of The Year Race?
- Brewers: Lorenzo Cain Was Right to Call Out the Team’s Management
Though he has yet to have much minor league success, Williams is widely seen as the arm with the biggest upside in the organization. MLB.com currently ranks him as the number one pitcher and number seven prospect in the Brewers’ organization. He possesses a power fastball and a easy delivery that could slot nicely at the top of the rotation.
So far as a minor leaguer pitching in rookie ball, Williams has gone 5-10 with a combined 4.11 ERA. He struggled with command during his first season as an 18-year-old, but was much improved last season. With a blazing fastball, he has been able to average over a strikeout per inning so far in over 100 innings of work.
Williams has a long way to go before he is pitching in Miller Park, but his development will be fun to watch. Although the Brewers’ forfeited their first round pick in the 2013 draft, they fully felt that they got a player with first round stuff when they got Williams. With all of the young talent in Appleton, the Timber Rattlers already were expected to get a lot of attention, but with Williams set to take the mound this team is set to be even more exciting all summer long.
More from Brewers Prospects
- Brewers Farm System Finally Back into MLB Pipeline’s Top 20
- Brewers: Ranking The Crew’s Top 3 September Call Up Candidates
- Should the Brewers Promote Hot Hitting Prospect Sal Frelick?
- Brewers: Where does 2022 Draft class sit in Pipeline mid-season rankings?
- Milwaukee Brewers: Minor League Affiliate Recap for 8/2 to 8/7