Pitchers and catchers report to Maryvale in a few short weeks, which means Opening Day is getting closer and closer. The Milwaukee Brewers and their fan base see it as a new beginning; last year is in the past and the future looks bright. Once April 4th rolls around and Harvey’s Wallbangers head out to the field and face the San Francisco Giants, Miller Park will be filled with optimism as new GM David Stearns rebuilds the team to competitive form.
More from Reviewing the Brew
- Brewers: 4 Players Who Must Step Up for the Crew to Make the Playoffs
- Brewers: Yet Another Huge Promotion For Top Prospect Jackson Chourio
- Brewers Making Colossal Mistake With Corbin Burnes’ Contract
- Which Players May Be In The Final Month Of Their Brewers Careers?
- Brewers: Where Does Devin Williams Stand In NL Reliever Of The Year Race?
The Brewers offense will rely on Ryan Braun’s bat more than ever. He needs to stay healthy and produce at a consistent rate throughout the season. 64, the number of games Braun is from tying Charlie Moore for 5th place on the Brewers all-time games played list at 1,283. Braun is atop the list for current Brewers, but sits at 7th all-time with 1,219.
Top Ten Brewers in Games Played
- Robin Yount – 2,856 GP
- Paul Molitor – 1,856 GP
- Jim Gantner – 1,801 GP
- Cecil Cooper – 1,490 GP
- Charlie Moore – 1,283 GP
- Geoff Jenkins – 1,234 GP
- Ryan Braun – 1,219 GP
- Don Money – 1,196 GP
- Ben Oglivie – 1,149 GP
- Rickie Weeks – 1,142 GP