Baseball is finally back! There are three games tonight and the Brewers are playing their home opener tomorrow! It’s the best time of the year, so here’s an Opening Day Preview from RtB.
The Brewers made their final cuts over the weekend, giving the bad news to Alex Presley
The Brewers also signed veteran relief pitcher Carlos Torres to the roster. The 25 man roster rounds out like so
Starting pitchers (5): Wily Peralta, Jimmy Nelson, Matt Garza, Taylor Jungmann, Chase Anderson.
Relief pitchers (7): Jeremy Jeffress, Michael Blazek, Tyler Thornburg, Chris Capuano, Blaine Boyer, Carlos Torres, Ariel Pena.
Catchers (2): Jonathan Lucroy, Martin Maldonado.
Infielders (6): Chris Carter, Scooter Gennett, Jonathan Villar, Aaron Hill, Yadiel Rivera, Colin Walsh.
Outfielders (5): Ryan Braun,Domingo Santana, Ramon Flores, Kirk Nieuwenhuis, Keon Broxton.
Earlier today the Brewers even gave a snippet of tomorrow’s lineup earlier today on Twitter. The Brew Crew is taking on Madison Bumgardner and the Giants with Wily Peralta getting the nod to start on the mound.
More from Reviewing the Brew
- Brewers: 4 Players Who Must Step Up for the Crew to Make the Playoffs
- Brewers: Yet Another Huge Promotion For Top Prospect Jackson Chourio
- Brewers Making Colossal Mistake With Corbin Burnes’ Contract
- Which Players May Be In The Final Month Of Their Brewers Careers?
- Brewers: Where Does Devin Williams Stand In NL Reliever Of The Year Race?
Even though the Brewers are in a down year and rebuilding, Opening Day at Miller Park is always exciting, the parking lot opens early tomorrow (10 am) and the gates of Miller Park open at 11:10 am.
Other snippets for tomorrow
- The 14th annual Klement’s Opening Day First Rat Relay Race will take place prior to first pitch at Miller Park. The Racing Sausages will start at the Klement’s Plant on Chase Ave. and deliver the “First Brat” all the way to Miller Park.
- All fans in attendance will receive a Brewers 2016 magnetic schedule.
- James Beckum will throw the ceremonial first pitch of Opening Day. Beckum was a semi-professional player who played in the Negro Leagues and is well known aound Milwakee for given inner city youth the oppurtunity to play baseball.
- Dan and Mike Attanasio will sing the national anthem, carrying on the tradition of their grandfather Joe Anttanasio who traditionally sang the national anthem on Opening Day