Needing to fill their depleted bullpen the Brewers traded cash to the Rangers for LHP Sam Freeman last night as Slingin’ Dave made more moves in the rebuilding process.
Ariel Pena’s struggles in Monday’s opener were enough to have him sent down when the Brewers acquired Sam Freeman from the Rangers yesterday. With the Rangers last season, Sam Freeman posted an ERA of 3.05 in 54 appearances of relief, striking out 40 and walking 25. Since 2012 has a 3.23 ERA in 108 2/3 innings of relief work.
More from Reviewing the Brew
- Can Brewers Win Final Cardinals Series of Season for 4th Straight Year?
- Brewers: Why Hasn’t Luis Urias Been In the Starting Lineup Lately?
- Brewers: Is Daniel Vogelbach The 2020 Version Of Jesus Aguilar?
- Should the Brewers bump up Corbin Burnes’ next start?
- Brewers: Keston Hiura Stuck In A Sophomore Slump
Pena’s struggles continued from Spring Training as he gave up three consecutive home runs against the Giants on Opening Day. He was one of the last people to make the Opening Day Roster, despite a shaky spring training he showed enough promise to make the 40-man roster.