Tonight, the Colorado Springs Sky Sox begin their championship season against the Memphis Redbirds; the AAA affiliates of the St. Louis Cardinals. And if there’s one thing as a Brewers fan that I look forward to, it’s a Cardinals loss.
Getting the nod on opening day for the Sky Sox is Zach Davies. Appropriately, he’ll be the first player profiled in our weekly segment: Sky Sox Spotlight.
Zachary Ryan Davies was born on February 7, 1993 in Puyallup, Washington. He was a 26th round draft choice of the Baltimore Orioles in the 2011 draft. Davies has never had overpowering stuff, but he’s found success at every level. He throws an average fastball with sink, a changeup (his best pitch), and a curveball. He’s currently ranked 19th by MLB Pipeline.
More from Reviewing the Brew
- Brewers: 4 Players Who Must Step Up for the Crew to Make the Playoffs
- Brewers: Yet Another Huge Promotion For Top Prospect Jackson Chourio
- Brewers Making Colossal Mistake With Corbin Burnes’ Contract
- Which Players May Be In The Final Month Of Their Brewers Careers?
- Brewers: Where Does Devin Williams Stand In NL Reliever Of The Year Race?
He was a candidate to be the Brewers’ fifth starter until Chase Anderson was acquired in the Jean Segura trade and will, most likely, be among the first call-ups when a new starting pitcher is needed.
If you have Milb.TV, you can watch the game tonight. First pitch is scheduled for 8:05
In related news, the team announced they’ll be headed to San Antonio in time for the 2019 season.
You can also follow the Sky Sox on twitter @skysox