Want More Info On TV Broadcast Production AND Batting Practice Routines? It’s In The Book
More from Brewers News
- Brewers: 4 Players Who Must Step Up for the Crew to Make the Playoffs
- Brewers: Yet Another Huge Promotion For Top Prospect Jackson Chourio
- Brewers Making Colossal Mistake With Corbin Burnes’ Contract
- Which Players May Be In The Final Month Of Their Brewers Careers?
- Brewers: Where Does Devin Williams Stand In NL Reliever Of The Year Race?
Although the book did not bring to the table as many “insider” stories about various things that I hoped it would, there were some positives. I LOVED the prank stories that were featured. There are prank stories in this book that include antics in the bullpen and even pranks in the hotel rooms while the team was on the road.
Another positive was Bill’s insight as to what goes on in the “production truck.” Bill offers a neat informational read on all the cameras used in broadcasting a typical baseball game. Even before the game takes place though, Major League Players are going through batting practice. Although I have seen the “organized chaos” that is Major League Batting Practice, Bill does a good job of explaining what hitters work on and what types of drills players go through. Bill tells you what the coaches are aiming for when they set up the Batting Practice sessions. In this section, he attempts to make up for his “less than insider info” that was offered elsewhere.
Next: A Look At Team Travel