The Milwaukee Brewers pitcher struggled yet again on Sunday, but for now remains in the lineup.
The starting pitcher was roughed up as the Milwaukee Brewers lost to the Phillies 8-1, bringing Wily to 3-7 on the year with a 6.79 ERA. He has the worst ERA among qualified starting pitchers, the pitcher with the second worst ERA; Anibal Sanchez has already lost his starting role.
Brew Crew Ball thinks that keeping struggling Wily in the rotation isn’t the best option for either side. It just might be time for the Milwaukee Brewers to follow the Detroit Tigers in their recent demotion of struggling Anibal Sanchez.
With Peralta still struggling, fellow FanSided site Call to The Pen has a look at possible moves by the Milwaukee Brewers before tradeline as well as the most needed positions needed to fill. Call to Pen suggests getting rid of Matt Garza. Garza has a worse ERA between 2015 and 2016 then the struggling Peralta.
More from Reviewing the Brew
- Brewers: Corbin Burnes Injury is a Big Blow for Crew’s Playoff Hopes
- Brewers: What Happened To The Clutch Gene For Christian Yelich?
- Brewers: Orlando Arcia Showing Offensive Consistency In 2020
- Can Brewers Win Final Cardinals Series of Season for 4th Straight Year?
- Brewers: Why Hasn’t Luis Urias Been In the Starting Lineup Lately?
Jack Moore of BP Milwaukee gives a look at what an extension of Jonathan Lucroy might look like. An extension, it seems would only happen if the Milwaukee Brewers were better this year and not in rebuilding mode.
With the draft starting soon Brew Crew Ball has a review of the Milwaukee Brewers 2014 Draft Class.