August 1 – July 31st looked like Jonathan Lucroy was packing his bags and heading to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, but he vetoed the trade and the first trade deadline move from the Milwaukee Brewers saw Will Smith head to the Bay in exchange for RHP Phil Bickford and C Andrew Susac from the Giants.
More from Reviewing the Brew
- Brewers: 4 Players Who Must Step Up for the Crew to Make the Playoffs
- Brewers: Yet Another Huge Promotion For Top Prospect Jackson Chourio
- Brewers Making Colossal Mistake With Corbin Burnes’ Contract
- Which Players May Be In The Final Month Of Their Brewers Careers?
- Brewers: Where Does Devin Williams Stand In NL Reliever Of The Year Race?
In 93IP Bickford has 105Ks credited to his name and is working on a sub 3.00 ERA, while be ranked a top 50 prospect by Baseball America. Make a strong Milwaukee Brewers farm system even stronger. Susac on the other hand hasn’t had anything of importance credited to his minor leagues career. Susac is merely a depth option after the Milwaukee Brewers traded away Jonathan Lucroy.
Next: Lucroy and Jeffress Shipped Away To Text