Box Score – Milwaukee Brewers 3, San Diego Padres 2
The Milwaukee Brewers took game two of the series as the Orlando Arcia went 0-for-4 in his major league debut. It was Ryan Braun who gave the Milwaukee Brewers the lead in the sixth, and Tyler Thornburg shut the door on the Milwaukee Brewers. On the bullpen post trade deadline, Thornburg had this to say:
More from Reviewing the Brew
- Brewers: 4 Players Who Must Step Up for the Crew to Make the Playoffs
- Brewers: Yet Another Huge Promotion For Top Prospect Jackson Chourio
- Brewers Making Colossal Mistake With Corbin Burnes’ Contract
- Which Players May Be In The Final Month Of Their Brewers Careers?
- Brewers: Where Does Devin Williams Stand In NL Reliever Of The Year Race?
"“All the guys in the bullpen who have been pitching in games when we’ve been down, I feel like they’ve done such a fantastic job and they’ve really earned the opportunity to throw in closer games,” Thornburg said. “It’s nice to see guys like Corey get that opportunity, because they definitely deserve it. Torres coming in and closing it out in the sixth and then going back out for the seventh, that was impressive.”"
Next: Bats Stay Quiet as Padres Take Game Three