The Milwaukee Brewers and St. Louis Cardinals were rained out today. It’s universally agreed that rain outs suck. The temperature in Milwaukee may have only reached the mid-50s, but that’s shorts weather in Wisconsin. and we’ve got a few ideas about what to do when the groundskeepers are struggling with massive tarps.
The team at Reviewing the Brew has a few suggestions for what to do when the Milwaukee Brewers are rained out on the road and the weather in Milwaukee is downright balmy when compared to a few months ago.
- Memorize Eric Thames’ KBO cheer song for when the team returns to Miller Park.
- If you absolutely have to watch sports, Roller Derby is back in Milwaukee with the Brew City Bruisers. Cheer on the Crazy 8’s, Maiden Milwaukee, the Rushin’ Rollerettes, or the Shevil Knevils at the UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena!
- The Milwaukee Zoo is open from 9 AM to 430 PM through May 26th. They also have several live webcams for animal lovers to check in on.
- You didn’t think we would work out a list like this without mentioning beer, did you? Water Street Brewery and the Milwaukee Ale House are excellent options any season, but we’ve always been partial to D14 in Bay View and its range of handcrafted beers.
- Check in on the Minor League teams. Find out who’s hot and who’s in need of a rain out with the Carolina Mudcats and the the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers, and get a better idea of how the rebuild is going.
- Actually get off the computer, get together with a few friends and toss a baseball or softball (or whiffleball!) around.
- Did you miss the NFL draft last weekend? With the Brewers at home, it was possible. Check out what the guys at Lombardi Ave. have to say about the latest crop of new Packers draft picks.
You’ve seen our list of activities the team at Reviewing the Brew likes to enjoy when the Milwaukee Brewers are rained out. What are you usually up to when the skies open up and the dugouts are cleared? Let us know in the comments section below!