Have you heard? The Milwaukee Brewers and Los Angeles Dodgers start the NLCS on Friday evening. The team at Reviewing the Brew talks about the upcoming series with help from one of our friends from the FanSided universe.
Which topics were covered in this week’s episode?
Only all of them! We discussed Jacob’s recent article, strengths and weaknesses for both teams, and much more. Topics covered include:
- Is this season already a success for the Milwaukee Brewers?
- Can the Los Angeles Dodgers miss the World Series and still have a successful year?
- How important is playoff experience in the upcoming NLCS?
- How much will David enjoy going to Game 2? (A lot)
- Have the Dodgers really underperformed?
- Have the Brewers really overperformed?
- What are the key match ups to watch out for for the Brewers? The Dodgers?
- How much do we all hate David Freese?
- How terrifying is Josh Hader and the rest of the Brewers bullpen?
The wait for the NLCS to start is almost over. Let the latest edition of the Reviewing the Brew podcast tide you over until the first pitch is thrown. Jacob Rudner provides the latest statistics-based info on the Los Angeles Dodgers, while David and I detail how we think the Milwaukee Brewers will do in the NLCS.
First pitch is on Friday night at 7:09 PM CST in Miller Park. Three-time Cy Young Award Winner Clayton Kershaw takes the mound for the Dodgers, while Gio Gonzalez gets the starting nod for the Brewers. Can the Brewers scratch out a few runs against Kershaw, or will the Dodgers ride an early lead to a win in Game 1? We’ll all find out on Friday night.