Brewers: All 77 MLB And Franchise Records The Starting Rotation Set In 2021
By David Gasper
Brandon Woodruff set 10 MLB and Franchise records with his performance for the Brewers in 2021.
MLB and Brewers Franchise Records set by Brandon Woodruff in 2021
- 1st pitcher with a sub-2.00 ERA and 100 strikeouts in first 16 starts of a season (Franchise)
- Lowest Opponent Batting Average (.138) through first 11 starts of a season (MLB) (Franchise)
- 1st pitcher to strike out 10+ hitters, allow two hits or less in consecutive starts and lose both games (Franchise)
- Lowest ERA (1.27) through first 11 starts of a season (Franchise)
- Lowest H/9 (6.52) by a qualified starter in a single season (Franchise)
- Lowest Opponent Batting Average (.200) by a qualified pitcher in a single season (Franchise)
- Highest Strike % (68.3%) by a qualified pitcher in a single season (Franchise)
- Most consecutive starts (5) of 5+ IP and 1 ER or less (T-Franchise)
- Fewest Doubles allowed (16) by a qualified pitcher in a single season (Franchise)
Brandon Woodruff had an excellent season in his own right. He just barely beat out Corbin Burnes for the franchise record for lowest opponent batting average for a qualified pitcher in a season. Woodruff was at .200 while Burnes was at .201.
Woodruff also just barely beat out Burnes for the record for fewest doubles allowed in a season. Burnes allowed 17 two-baggers while Woodruff gave up just 16.
For the lowest opponent batting average through 11 starts, Woodruff held the record for non-opener starting pitchers for a just a little while. His record was broken a few days later by fellow Brewer Freddy Peralta. Then both their records were broken by Jacob deGrom shortly after that. But Woodruff still set that record and held it for a little while so it counts for this list.
Speaking of Freddy Peralta, let’s look at the records he set.